We're excited to announce that we are a partner theatre participating in Inclusion Media Group's RAISE YOUR VOICES Playwright Competition. The primary goal is amplifying BIPOC and LGBTQ+ voices in the theatre community.
Each theatre has committed to assembling a diverge judging panel, in addition to creating a more inclusive environment within the production process, including, but not limited to: Producers, Writers, Directors, Mulsical Directors, Choreographers, Crew members, Front of House Staff, Stage Management, Makeup Artists, Performers, Scenic Carpenters, Costume attendants, Lighting Designers.
1) $200 cash award from Inclusion Media Group.
2) $200 cash award from the hosting theatre
3) A commitment from hosting theatre to host an online reading of the show.
4) A commitment from the hosting theatre to have a diverse production team (director, music director, etc).
5) A commitment to consider the show for future placement in an upcoming season.
6) If the reading is put on as a benefit, the hosting theatre commits to pay the winner 10% of the proceeds from the reading.
Each participating theatre listed below will choose their own winner. Therefore, there will be multiple winners.
Submission Deadline: August 7, 2020
Notification Date: September 25, 2020
Reading: TBD (Each theatre will contact their winner with the production schedule between September 25 - October 2)
3-D Theatricals, 5-Star Theatricals, High Street Arts Center, McCoy Rigby Entertainment, Musical Theatre West, San Diego Musical Theatre, Skylight Theatre Company